Congregation Beth Jacob collection
This collection contains an image of a silk banner with 220 names. It honors World War II veterans associated with Beth Jacob Congregation. Each name has a star next to it, including gold stars for those killed in action. A Star of David is in the center of the banner.
The congregation formed in 1937 and was intended to serve the Jewish community in the south end of Houston. The Beth Jacob Congregation would later merge with Congregation Adath Emeth in 1965 to form the United Orthodox Synagogues (UOS).
The original materials are held by the Woodson Research Center in Fondren Library. Search the finding aid/inventory for the Beth Jacob Congregation World War II banner, MS 822.